Sound Guidance For Child Access And Support Issues
Maintaining a strong relationship with a child following a divorce is a primary concern for many parents.
At the Robyn Matousek Law Office, LLC, in Black River Falls, our law firm helps you to resolve child custody and placement disputes, often without the need to litigate.
The term “child custody” in Wisconsin refers to the legal authority to make decisions regarding a child’s education, medical care, religion and other matters. This typically is provided jointly to both parents.
“Physical placement” refers to where a child will spend his or her days and nights following a divorce, or the end of a nonmarital relationship. It can be shared equally between parents, or one parent may be named the primary custodial parent while the other receives scheduled placement.
If you and a co-parent are unable to reach an agreement regarding a physical placement schedule, the court will develop a schedule for you. It is critical to work with a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer who will protect your rights. The Robyn Matousek Law Office, LLC, can help.
More Than 34 Years Of Experience With Handling Of Child Custody Issues
In most cases, it is better for both parents to agree on custody and placement issues rather than put these important decisions in the hands of a judge who is unfamiliar with your child. Robyn Matousek is a licensed mediator who can assist individuals in resolving custody and placement disputes.
In cases where an agreement cannot be reached, Ms. Matousek can advocate aggressively on your behalf in court. A court considers certain factors relevant to the best interest of the child in making custody and physical placement determinations, such as:
- The wishes of the parents and the child
- The age and developmental and educational needs of the child
- The amount of time each parent spent with the child before the parents’ relationship ended
- The child’s relationship with each parent, with siblings and with any other individuals who impact the child’s best interest
- The mental and physical health of both parents, as well as the child and any other persons living in the custodial home
- The extent to which each parent will encourage and support a healthy relationship with the child’s other parent
Your Initial Consultation With Experienced Jackson County Child Support And Visitation Attorney Robyn Matousek
To discuss your child access issues confidentially with a lawyer who has extensive experience working with clients in Western Wisconsin, contact us.
During an initial consultation, you can share your story, have your questions answered and take the first step toward resolving your legal issues. Call today, toll free, to 800-836-4847 or send an email message.